Monday 29 June 2015

Hardball Negotiation


Hardball Negotiation:

You are being connected to an agent. Please wait until you have been connected before you type in your query.
You have been connected to Adnan.
Adnan: Good morning, how may I help you?
Mark: Where is the Shell dividend?
Mark: I want it now
Adnan: You are still connected to the chat please bear with me while I check some details. Thank you for your patience..
Mark: I have no patience
Mark: I have told you
Mark: on twitter
Mark: that I am going to the financial ombudsman
Mark: Understand who you are dealing with here.
Mark: I am a LLoyds shareholder
Mark: I am a TSB shareholder
Mark: I am a world famous share writer
Mark: And to be frank
Mark: You are pissing me off.
Mark: Google Mark Howitt
Adnan: Please be patient and please do not use foul language.
Mark: That's the first time I have.
Mark: You've driven it to be.
Mark: But young man
Mark: Young man
Mark: I have a much better command of language than you have.
Mark: NOW IT BETTER BE THERE TODAY
Mark: IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE ONE WEEK AGO
Mark: I'M NOT WASTING MY TIME
Mark: TIME FOR THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN
Mark: ENJOY BEING IN THE REPORT

I won.

(Quite a direct and aggressive approach here. Here's why I had to do it.

The organisation had lied to me several times about when the dividend would be paid. It should have been paid on Monday 29 June. There is a very good chance they would have got it at that date. I am a shareholder and part of being a shareholder should be to make sure the business performs well. It's important to get money that is owed to you.

There are many different types of negotiation. I think I am reasonably good at them all, and this is an example of one style you have to sometimes adopt.)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Got to be assertive sometimes.

    ReplyDelete