Sunday 24 August 2014

Some Insight Into How I write about Shares


So I'm pleased with the amount of people reading my share articles so far. I never imagined this would be happening say six months ago. I still have a lot to learn but for the near future at least I can see me writing at least one share article per day.

Here're a few insights into how and why I write my share articles. So far, I have only written about shares that I personally own. Again, I can see this being the case for quite a while. One of the main reasons for this is that you know I personally have put my hard earned money into it- so you can believe me when I say I rate a company. Another big reason is that I have often put many hours of research into these companies, which I aim to condense into an easy to read format enabling YOU to decide whether you want to buy them or not. Of course, once reading these articles you should do your own research on the companies. Looking back, I think personally I have been slightly too influenced by reading articles then quickly after buying the shares- there are plenty of other factors to be taken into account.

I have not mentioned 'forward PEs' or anything in terms of 'forward guidance'. This is because quite often this is guesswork. Much better to focus on the current facts.

At some point I'd like to write a post about the importance of charts when buying shares, but honestly I don't know enough about that yet. I am thinking about writing a post somewhere about all the possible things I would check before buying a share... that would be pretty long though. I really believe that a lot of people reading things on the internet have quite short attention spans so often you have to make things readable and easy to digest so that's what I aim to do!

NEW ADDITION

THANK YOU for reading my articles. The way it works at the moment I am paid a small amount for every unique view I get- so I need quite a high amount of unique views to make it worth my time! This does involve you signing up to ShareProphets for free to read the full article (just like Fool) but I honestly believe this is worth your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment